Sunday, May 16, 2010

My dog's name

Ok, so one day for Christmas, my aunt asked me if I could feed her 2 dogs and while I went down and fed the dogs, and then when I came back up I saw this tiny thing in a bed and I said, "Is that real??" and I came and petted it and I was like, "You gotta be kidding me". And so, I got this dog and I tried to pick it up and I couldn't b/c she was all stuffed down in her bedding. so I took her out on a swing that my gramma had and every time she was sticking her head between my back and I tried to pet her but she wouldn't let me. And then when she got used to us a little more, we tried to name her. So we thought of James, Polka, spots, we thought of princess, we thought of lady, we thought of daisy and a few other things and then finally my uncle suggested the name roxie. and i thought for a while and i thought and i said "just maybe". so thats how my dog got her name.

Mommy's Note:
That is not how it happened. The puppy was scared to death and Robby took her out to the swing and sat still and quiet with her for (what seemed like??) hours. While he was out there making friends, we suggested he think of a name. Uncle Bruce had some suggestions, and someone gave Robby a notepad and pencil to write down things he thought of while he was swinging. After everyone left him alone for a while, he started making notes. When I went to check on his progress a while later, he had a list of names of people in his family and next to each name, he had changed a letter or two to make a new name. Next to his own name, was "Roxxy". We decided that since Daddy told me when Robby was born that I couldn't write "Robbie" since it was "the girl way to spell it" that we would spell Roxxy with an "ie" since it was a girl. And THAT is how his dog got her name. :D

Robby's turn again:
NO! That is NOT how it happened. I remember Uncle Bruce was out watering the flowers and he said, "How about Roxie".

Mommy: You should call Aunt Darlene and ask her if she remembers how it happened.
Robby: Ok! Where is the phone.
Aunt Darlene: Bruce was out suggesting vicious butch names like Spike and Rocky. Robby heard Roxie (nobody is sure if it was before or after the list) and Bruce made the comment that Roxie sounded like the girl version of Robby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want